Comparing Egypt, Turkey, Cyprus

Sep 23rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Comparing Egypt, Turkey, Cyprus

For the last 2 weeks in October, I plan to visit one of these places. I have been to the Med Coast of Turkey (Antalya area), but never to Cyprus or Egypt. If I return to Turkey it would probably be to the Dalaman or Bodrum areas.

I have been hearing some good things about Sharm el Shiekh, Egypt. I hear Cyprus is interesting but very expensive.

For those of you who have been to two or more of these places (southern Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt), can you give me your opinions of them in a comparative sense. I am only interested in general siteseeing and not at all interested in nightclubbing, etc.

Sep 24th, 2004, 05:57 AM

from what u say sounds like you are only interested in the coast. Would that be right? You need to elaborate on your interests.

For what it's worth - never been to Cyprus; but Egypt once and Turkey 3 times. Egypt, of course, has those world famous pyramids. And I love Cairo - so much else to see. And there's the option of a trip down the Nile, and Luxor, Asswan, etc.

Istanbul, on the other hand, is one of my fave cities. Wonderful. And you could combine with Dalaman or go inland to Cappadocia. Or try Ephesus. But if it is just beach you are interested in - then ignore the above.

Search this Thread