Compare Kenya/Tanzania saari tours

Apr 5th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Compare Kenya/Tanzania saari tours

On searching for a Kenya/Tanzania safari - we found some tours with similar rates.
Can someone offer any comparisions or any particular bad or excellent experiences to share?
All these have similar rates for similar itineraries.
How should we decide? what are the questions to ask?

- Tanzania Serengeti Adventure tours (Arusha based)
- Eastern & Southern safaris (Nairobi based)
- Peacock safaris (Arusha based)
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:56 AM

Shoneel,

While I haven't used any of these operators, I was once provided with a list of references by Tanzania Serengeti Adventures and it must have had about 50 references on it from past customers, complete with e-mail addresses. That was enough to make me feel pretty comfortable, although I never really checked up on their referecnes since I aborted the Tanzania trip and instead chose Zambia.

Ask TSA for a list of references and I am sure they would be happy to provide you the same list.
Apr 6th, 2004, 06:02 AM
sandi

shoneel - Roccco makes a very good suggestion - ask for references. A reputable company will only be pleased to do so.

A women I met online recently returned from a safari offered by Eastern & Southern and they were extremely pleased with the safari itself, accommodations and guides.

Do all these offering transport you by car or do some have fly-ins, and do the hotels/lodges/camps compare equally. Are they all for the same number of days; do they all include the same parks/reserves; do any have extremely long distances to travel by car versus by air, etc. They have to be compared one-to-one considering the points mentioned above. Those can sometimes be a determing factor.

Search this Thread