Comments on itinerary - botswana & mauritius

Sep 8th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Comments on itinerary - botswana & mauritius

Hi, I am just starting the process of looking into a honeymoon in Botswana & Mauritius. How does this itinerary look? Would you recommend adding/removing anything?

Royal Livingstone Hotel, Vic Falls - 3 nights (white water rafting, bungee, etc)

Chobe Chilawero - 3 nights (water safari, game drives, etc)

Stanleys Camp, Okavango - 3 nights (game drives, mokoro canoes, walking safaris, walk with elephants, balloon safari etc)

Johannesburg - 1 night, Holiday Inn (or possibly upgrade to Westcliff Hotel depending on cost)

Mozambique - 10 nights, either Marlin Lodge, Benguerra Lodge or Quilalea Island (relaxation, beach, scuba diving, bird watching, etc)

What do you think of this?

Would it be a good idea to substitute two of the nights in Mozambique for 2 nights at Jacks Camp? Does anyone have any feedback on the choice of camps/lodges or any better recommendations? Thanks.

Sep 8th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

woops! I just realised I posted the title as Mauritius rather than Mozambique!! It's Mozambique we're planning to visit!

Oh - the time of year we are going is August. Thanks.
Sep 14th, 2004, 01:54 AM

Cailin, I can only comment on part of your trip. The Royal Livingstone is a great place, especially for a honeymoon. Don't miss the 4x4 river boat trip, it is a small motorboat that holds about 12 and you will see so much wildlife up close - elephants swimming I will never forget. Much more fun than the large drinking boat. The food is excellent and this is really a 5 star hotel. Just keep your door closed and locked or the monkeys will have a field day in your room.

The elephant walk is fantastic. Please email me at [email protected] for more on that. In answer to your question, yes - I'd push two of those nights to another safari camp.
Sep 15th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. The Royal Livingstone sounds fantastic.

Search this Thread