Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Club Valtur - Agadir (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/club-valtur-agadir-31392/)

Michael Weil Aug 28th, 1998 06:13 PM

Club Valtur - Agadir

Has anyone stayed at Club Valtur in Agadir. If so can you give me an assessment. Are there easy day trips available from here? What is the weather like in mid-March? If you could email me directly as well as posting responses, I would appreciate it.

Ted Adamczyk Nov 7th, 1998 04:05 AM

Hi Michael - apparently from this and your inquiry about Air Maroc, by now you've been there and back. I'm also planning the same trip. How'd it go? <BR> <BR>Many thanks, <BR> <BR>Ted <BR>

Michael Nov 10th, 1998 10:29 AM

Actually, we are going to Morrocco next March and decided to stay not at Club Valtur in Agadir, but at their property just outside of Marrakech. I'd be happy to hear about anyone's experience

Janet Dec 7th, 1998 11:58 AM

Did you hear any info on Marrakech? <BR>We too are going there to Club Valtur <BR>but in January. Need Info!!!

Janet Dec 7th, 1998 11:58 AM

Did you hear any info on Marrakech? <BR>We too are going there to Club Valtur <BR>but in January. Need Info!!!

Reply Apr 21st, 1999 10:39 PM

I was also wondering about the Club Valturs both the one in Marakesh and the one in Agadir. The one in Agadir is more expensive than the one in Marakesh. <BR> <BR>How are they for single females in their 40s. Since they dont charge a single supplement for a single room I figured this might be a good place for singles. <BR> <BR>How is the fooid, how is the entertainment, how are the day time activities. <BR> <BR>Also what is the weather like there in the Winter. I gather that they have their winter at the same time as we in the USA have ours. Is this a place that one would go to to get out of the cold weather in the Winter. <BR> <BR>I note that they only leave from New York which is not good, they should leave from more gateway cities. <BR>

reply Jan 23rd, 2000 02:47 AM

I was thinking about maybe going to Club Valtur but there do not appear to be a lot of travel agents that book there. <BR> <BR>From what I can gather they only have air from New York so if one wants to leave from another city such as Boston, Mass thats an additional expense, travel time, and hassle. It can cost as much to go the 1 hour from Boston to NYC as it does to go to Florida, Cancun, or London. <BR> <BR>For some reason the only company that I can find that books them wont accept last minute bookings even if the hotel is near empty. Some people like to travel when they decide to go without long involved planning. <BR> <BR>As to no single supplement Ive been told that that policy has changed and that they now charge a single supplement. <BR> <BR>Does anyone know if Club Valtur has a lot of singles who go there and what the average age is. <BR> <BR>Another issue, the weather. When is it good beach weather there.