Search

Lemuria Resort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 10:44 AM
ksh

Lemuria Resort

I'm planning a trip to the Seychelles area in late October/early November and am considering staying at the Lemuria Resort. As it is so new, I cannot find too much information. Can anyone help with a review or some advice?<BR><BR>Many thanks.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Nigel

Lemuria is fantastic! <BR>You can see some details at: http://lemuria.island-safari.com <BR>email me if you need more detailed information.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 01:54 AM
nospam

Nigel NO ADVERTISING<BR><BR>We stayed there in May. Staff that really did not care but they asked too often "Is everything OK?" so many times that it became too much. One restaurant has a french chef and it had a great food, the other was less than average, we did not tried the third one. Villas are beautiful but who needs this much space if you want to spend more time outside. And what really got to us was a fact that we had to pay for all those extras. Watch out for some travel agents like Nigel who will try to make a lots of $$ on the top what you pay. And this place is expensive. I can find a web site address of Lamuria that will take you directly to that resort without any travel agent involved and you will find there prices too. Did you ever think about going to Mauritius instead? More beautiful and some amazing resorts and less expensive. This is "the" place to go.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 11:33 PM
Nigel

I really take exception to posters like 'no spam' above giving false advise under the cloak of anonymity. <BR>A question was posed requesting information on lemuria which I answered by giving a link to a WebPage on the Hotel. <BR>If 'no spam' bothers to look at this page he would see we offer a 15% discount on the Lemuria rates - that is a saving of US$101 per person per day on the rate that Lemuria will offer you directly. <BR>Fools such as 'no spam' end up paying 'top dollar' just because he thinks Travel Agents and Tour Operators rip him off, what he doesn't understand is that all hotels offer a 'rack rate' to the public, whereas Tour operators get up to 35% off that rate, and can if they wish pass that onto clients, which as a low overhead internet tour operator we do. <BR>We recently booked in a Group of 18 people to lemuria which saved them US$18,000 on the price quoted directly by lemuria! <BR>Who can give the best advise - a travel professional or a well meaning, misinformed poster afraid to give his correct email address? <BR>'No spam' shut up or put up! <BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Jenny

Nigel I checked your site and it is interesting but after reading your response here I think you are a rude person and dealing with you could involve putting up with your ego. Sorry you shouldn't answer this way if you want business.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Nigel

Jenny, sorry that you think that way, but when someone anonymously writes "Watch out for some travel agents like Nigel who will try to make a lots of $$ on the top what you pay." <BR>then I defend myself aggressively!

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 04:53 PM
Just Back

Just returned from two weeks in the Seychelles that included eight nights at Lemuria. The draw here really is the rooms and the property -- both of which are beautiful. Anse Georgette, which is on the grounds (free golf cart transfers available)is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. My wife and I agree that Georgette is more beautiful than Anse Lazio (around the corner from Georgette)which was voted the most beautiful beach in the world. <BR> <BR>Like most tropical resorts, the food is a bit overpriced for what you get. The Legend restaurant, which I believe is the one nospam liked, was a bit rich for us in both cuisine and price. We found the Sea Horse much more to our liking, more relaxed and a little less expensive -- still $20 for a personal pizza, but a good one! Our best meal actually was served in our room. It was our anniversary, and the staff set up wonderful meal on our balcony. <BR> <BR>I'll agree that the staff was almost too attentive -- not really a bad thing if you are in to that kind of atmosphere. However, we never found any undercurrent of animosity that you sometimes find at resorts on this level. It is important to note that almost all the staff are imported from Mauritius -- by and large, they are not Seychellois. <BR> <BR>I would recommend Lemuria, but I agree you should no pay anything close to the rack rate offered on the Lemuria site (www.lemuriaresort.com) <BR> <BR>Also, be sure to research seasonal winds. This time of year, Anse Kerlan is not swimable and Petit Anse Kerlan could get a bit rough. I am not sure how the NW monsoon effects those beaches and Anse Georgette. However, I think you trip timing puts you between the seasonal winds. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Ladia

We would like to visit LeMuria for our honeymoon. Do you know where I might find cheaper rates than the ones offered on their website?

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:32 AM
kelli

We stayed at Lemuria last year and had a great time. They have several beaches and Anse Georgette is the best of them as it is completely isolated. We found better rates (and very good airfares) at www.sey.net and the agent was very knowlegable.