Is Jaffa Safe?

Old May 7th, 2000, 02:45 PM
keith

Is Jaffa Safe?

I am thinking of staying in a hotel/apartment complex called Andromeda Hill located in jaffa which I assume is in Tel Aviv. Is this a good idea ?

thanx!

Old May 7th, 2000, 03:00 PM
John

Hi, Keith,
Jaffa is a very picturesque, very historic part of Tel Aviv. I looked up the Andromeda Hill website and it looks very nice indeed (free rental car promotion is also quite nice.) The price seems good too, given the high cost of hotels in the city.
Jaffa is pretty far from the center of things, so plan on a fair amount of taxi travel to get places. Aside from the inner harbor area in the evening (lots of fish restaurants) taxis may be hard to get at times, so the rental car would be a good idea, even if driving in Tel Aviv can be frustrating.
I'm sure the area is safe enough.

Old May 9th, 2000, 01:23 AM
Eli

I second the notion that Jaffa is safe (notice that I've upgraded it from "safe enough" to "safe").Today's Jaffa is practically a Tel Aviv suburb and the two are a few miles apart. I take the risk assuming that you will enjoy your stay there.