climbing

Oct 14th, 2003, 01:47 AM
Original Poster

climbing

I am planning on goind climbing in Iran, I have decided on trying Mt Damavand, does anyone have experience on this mountain, or know how I can get ahold of the climbing clubs in Iran. Thanks
Oct 17th, 2003, 06:25 AM

Post your question on the Lonely Planet (Thorntree) website.

There is a new topic branch devoted to climbing/treking, and it is pretty active.
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:15 AM

Cashier,
my husband and I took a trip to Iran over the summer and I have a recommendation that may be helpful.

I'm not at all athletic and my idea of excercise is a stroll with the dog but during our trip to Iran we organized a two day camping trip with a nomadic group and did some local hiking...anyway this is all to say that the travel agent we used a Mr Gajar who owns irangashttour.com was wonderful, and it just happens that he is a moutain climber and has climbed all over Iran, including of course Damavand.

Iran is incredibly cheap but if you're an American or a Brit you have to go via a travel agent to get a visa.
Anyway, I'd recommend contacting Gashttour, you may find trip report on Iran useful which you can search for on Fodors. We loved Iran and I would highly recommend a trip there.
Hope that helps.

Search this Thread