Hotel, Tiberias, Haifa, Mt. Carmel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a nice hotel in any of the above places. I am a member of starwoods and can get the Sheraton in Tiberias for free. Has anyone been there and do you recommend it.

I usually pick my hotels using the Fodor's Travel books, but I find that Fodor's has not updated the Israel book since 2002
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 06:34 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The Tiberius Sheraton is okay - nice view from the water side. More than adequate for a couple of nights. Good buffet breakfast.
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM

I don't know how high-end you're looking to go, but in Tiberias, I'm going to be staying at the relatively newly-opened Scots Hotel. It's an old Scottish hospice recently renovated, and it looks like it has a lot of charm. Right on the Lake. I've heard a lot of good buzz about it.

A very reasonable, mid-range hotel in Haifa is the Dan Gardens Haifa on Yefe Nof in the Central Carmel district. I've stayed at it six times when it was the Dvir Hotel, the student-training hotel of the Dan Corporation. At that time it was really basic and somewhat run-down, but great service and a view of Haifa Bay and the city that is just breathtaking. According to updates I've read, it's now been totally renovated and is no longer the student training center. One disadvantage -- you have to be able to climb significant stairs with your luggage at the entrance.

I hope that helps, and have a great trip!
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 06:58 PM

We have stayed at the Sheraton in Tiberias twice in the last 18 months. It has reasonable accomodations. Some rooms are better than others - the bathroom color scheme can show its age - some are beige (okay) some bright green, others bright orange... colors right out of the 70s.
The rooms are comfortable. We would stay there again. Definately request a room over looking the Sea of Galilee.
The staff is very nice and helpful. Make friends with the maître d'and you can get anything you want.

Are you looking for Sheratons in Jerusalem or Eilat? Have stayed at both. Just let me know.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 06:16 PM
CFW

How is the Sheraton in Jerusalem?