climate

Dec 26th, 2002, 12:40 PM
doris parker

climate

has anyone been to Cape town or Johannesburg in late February or March I will be bicycling and walking and would like to know what the weather is like highs? low? precipitaion?

Dec 29th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Hello Doris,

Karen is 100% correct when she says that I missed your question as I would have answered you earlier had I seen it.

Cape Town in February - March has temperatures of 24C - 13C. We have about 9 hours of daylight during the period. Our humidity levels are about 70% and rainfall is minimalistic at about 7mm levels.

In terms of walking and cycling I would say that the weather is perfect. As far as safety is concerned I do not believe there would be much to worry about however I would definitely listen to Karen's advice of being careful no matter where you are. With that said this would be my advice to you wherever you travel in the world anyway.

I also must tell you that on March 16 Cape Town stages the biggest one day cycling event in the world viz. The Argus/Pick & Pay cycle tour. This is a 109Km bike ride around the Cape Peninsula. It is absolutely spectacular and you aren’t a real Capetonian if you have not done the Argus ) 35000 cyclists do the ride and people come from all over the world to participate in this wonderful sporting/fun event. Cape Town becomes a madhouse of cyclists during the week of the race and there always is a strong carnival atmosphere in the area during March. If you want to find out more please go to http://www.cycletour.co.za/ where you will find one of the best websites on the net telling you more of this great cycle event.

Hope all of the above helps and that you have a great stay, walk and ride in our fabulous country.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Dec 29th, 2002, 03:30 PM
elseone

>Cape Town in February - March ... We have about 9 hours of daylight during the period.

Typo in here?

Search this Thread