Chobe Safari Lodge

Mar 29th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Original Poster

Chobe Safari Lodge

My friend is considering a very special trip, and since she knows I LOVE these forums, she requested that I ask if anyone has stayed at Chobe Safari Lodge (not Chobe Lodge, which I think is more exclusive and expensive) and what your comments would be...

Would you recommend it, and what were your experiences like?

My friend and her husband are HUGE animal lovers (as are my husband and I!!!)

Thank you so much in advance - as always, this help is SO appreciated!!
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Topping in hopes of any info - thanks!!
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:16 AM

I am not really sure what lodge you are refering to, but I can help you with information about Chobe Safari Lodge. This lodge is situated in the centre of Kasane, which is the town in Kasane. Chobe Safari Lodge has a range of accommodation from budget camp site ( this is where some overlands trips camp ) to standard rooms and chalets. Ask your friends to check the rates that they have been offered as my experience has been that Chobe Safari Lodge does not always offer 'All Inclusive' rates and they might find themselves having to spend extra for gamedrives. The game drives at Chobe Safari Lodge are often in large trucks that have been converted with many seats , rather than the usual Landcruiser or Landrovers that are used at other lodges in the area. If your friends are looking for an interpretive bush experience they might prefer to opt for a slightly more expensive lodge where the rangers and guides are more able to offer this. I hope my thoughts might help you.

Search this Thread