Chitwa Chitwa

Jun 10th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Chitwa Chitwa

Would appreciate any info from anyone who stayed here for safari. Especially concerned with transportation from Joburg. Two flights or a 6 hour drive??? Thanks for any input.
Jun 10th, 2003, 06:32 AM

You might find this very recent thread useful:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...4&tid=34423768

Kind Regards
Kavey
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:16 AM

When are you going? We haven't stayed there yet, but have reservations late Nov.-early Dec. at their safari lodge. We are flying into Hoedspruit/Eastgate and renting a car, spending 6 days in Kruger first and then driving to Chitwa Chitwa. It doesn't seem to be written up as much as the more luxe places but looks great and we've heard excellent things. We reserved through Mark at Taga Safaris & he has been wonderful to deal with. Can't wait. I'll post a report when we get back.
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:56 PM

Just got back from southern Africa and Chitwa Chitwa was our last stop. We stayed at the Game Lodge. The rooms are beautiful (one of the best among the six lodges we used); there is a very large and active water hole in front of the main area; and, the bar area is among the best. However, after having spent two weeks in Botswana and Namibia, I was a little disappointed. This would've been a much better first destination for us. We did see animals, but not as many as in Botswana. We were also very spoiled by the isolation and excellent game-viewing of Botswana. At Chitwa Chitwa (and, as I understand, at all of the less-expensive, by Singita standards, Sabi Sands lodges), the rangers are always on the radio and when there is a sighting, they have to have a three car rule. Otherwise, the place would get really crowded. They have to talk to each other to make sure they're not constantly running into each other on the drives. In Botswana, I felt like we were the only people in Africa.

So, while Chitwa Chitwa is very nice, I was spoiled by Botswana and was therefore a little disappointed.

Search this Thread