Chitabe and Jao

Aug 7th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Laura

Chitabe and Jao

We are planning a trip to Botswana for June/July 2002 and are considering staying at Jao and Chitabe camps as part of the trip. We have read that these areas have only recently been converted from hunting to photographic concessions....so we are worried that the wildlife may still be rather skittish. We are wildlife photographers, so being able to get close to the wildlife is important. Has anyone been to these camps and what was your experience and ability to get close (within 50 feet) of the wildlife?

Aug 8th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Kavey

We stayed in Chitabe Trails (sister to Chitabe Camp, exact same site) this June (2001).

We had previously visited 3 camps in Namibia, then Little Mombo and Little Vumvura in Botswana.

We saw hardly anything at Chitabe. If I had not seen such huge volumes of game only feet away (maybe 5 feet) in Little Mombo and a little more, less close, at Vumbura, I would have been much more disappointed.

As it was it was like a winding down kind of place for the end of our trip.

We didnt even see a wild dog for which the area is famou, but again, we did see a small pack in Mombo.

Kavey

Aug 9th, 2001, 12:20 AM
Kavey

Laura
I just updated my last post about Chitabe in response to your query on my own thread, please check my answer for you there...
Kavey

Search this Thread