Chiefs Camp and Kwara

Dec 21st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Chiefs Camp and Kwara

For people who have stayed at both Chiefs and Kwara:
given availability during our trip we have to stay at Chiefs first and then move to Kwara. Are we going to be disappointed with Kwara by staying at Chiefs first? Also, would you recommend 3 nights at Chiefs and 2 at Kwara or vice versa? On one hand, Chiefs is more "luxurious." On the other hand, Kwara has night drives and Chiefs does not (and Kwara is less expensive!). Thanks.
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:50 PM
mv

lorerts

I would not be concerned at all.
I stayed at Chiefs in 2002 and Kwara in 2004 and 2005.
Chiefs is slightly more luxurious but really only two things are really different. The tents at Chiefs have proper doors as opposed to zippers
and the bathrooms at Chiefs have a little better privacy and do have electricity.
Food at Chiefs is maybe a little more elegant but not neccessarily of higher quality.
The biggest difference I found was that management at Chiefs did not interact as much with guests as they do at Kwara.
Both camps offer fantastic gameviewing but Kwara offers more activities including boat rides.
It is a tough choice. I would personally do 2 nights Chiefs and 3 nights Kwara.

Michael
Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Michael! I really appreciate your thoughts and it sounds like starting with 2 nights at Chiefs and then doing 3 nights at Kwara is the way to go--which is what we were leaning towards anyway. We'll follow that up with some nights at San Camp.

Search this Thread