Chief's or Duba Plains

Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Chief's or Duba Plains

Help! My husband and I are going on Safari at the end of November of this year. We are booked at Savute Camp in Linyanti and we are trying to decide between Chief's Camp or Duba Plains. This is my first safari, but my husband's second. I have heard that Chief's is luxurious, although it will be undergoing renovations while we are there. I have heard that Duba offers a lot of excitement. What to do? Has anyone been to both? What are your thoughts?
Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:24 AM

Chiefs is very nice and situated in a great game area. When I was there Oct 2003, the game was great, the guides and management were terrific as was the food. The rooms very were very comfortable, but I would not describe them as luxurious in the sense of a Mombo or Kings Pool. They are a good way above Savuti, but so I believe is Duba. Duba is all about Lion and Buffalo interactions, they being the dominant species, Duba has had a lot of success following the Lions who now hunt diurnally. If you want to see Lions kill Buffalo, this is the place. Be warned that it can take a really long time to kill a Buffalo, and may not be for the faint hearted.
Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback. I have heard that we will see a lot of great game at Savuti, so that is why thought Duba Plains might be a nice balance with action. I have heard after a few days of watching animals, it can be a bit boring. It is so difficult to decide if you have never been. I like going off the beaten path a bit, so I am hoping Duba is a good decision.
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:13 AM

I have met some people who have been bored after three days at Mombo. Most regular contributors will tell you that they never get bored, and spend most of their lives figuring out when their next trip will be. I am counting the days to my ninth african trip, next year I will have 21 nights in two trips on safari and can't imagine ever being bored.
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Hi finally where did u land up going??? And how was it, any trip report

Search this Thread