Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   cheetah cub pics (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/cheetah-cub-pics-333964/)

Bill_H Mar 31st, 2008 08:43 AM

cheetah cub pics

More Ndutu cheetah cub pics from our Tanzania trip in late February - early March ... if you were there in early March you probably saw these, if you were there a week or two earlier you likely missed them because they were still in the nest.

http://www.hiltonphotography.net/afr.../tiny-cubs.htm

Bill

skimmer Mar 31st, 2008 08:58 AM

Bill,

A unique sighting and some excellent photos.

I've been many times on safari and never seen cheetah cubs.

Best regards,

Johan

sniktawk Mar 31st, 2008 09:05 AM

Truly marvelous photos yet again, you are either extremely lucky or damn clever (I go for the latter).
You should send them to BBC Wildlife Magazine, they are far better than this months feature of leopard cubs.
Also where was everybody else, a hunt with no other vehicles in the way amazing but true.

cary999 Mar 31st, 2008 09:22 AM

Super series of photos.
What else do you do with photos like these to share them with the rest of the world? Only on the internet?

regards - tom

cybor Mar 31st, 2008 09:22 AM

Bill and Carolyn,
Your pictures are extraordinary.
Clear as can be, with face shots done well enough to catch the emotion.

Some of our best cheetah sightings were in that same area at the end of Feb. as well. We got a few cub pics. but nothing like yours.
Thanks for posting.

luv2globetrot Mar 31st, 2008 09:42 AM

STUNNING!!!!!!!!

I just kept gasping as I scrolled down through your photos!
I cannot even imagine getting to witness that in person!

Cheetahs are my favorite (so far as we've yet to go to Africa...we leave September 23 for Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda!)

Truly gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
:)>-
Lisa

www.luv2globetrot.com

steffid Mar 31st, 2008 09:53 AM

Bill,

wonderful pictures!! They are so cute and look so attentive while the mother teaches them how to deal with the prey. How lucky you were to have this extrodinary sighting.

Thanks for sharing. Going through that pictures makes me even more impatient for our trip in august...

steff

rickmck Mar 31st, 2008 10:04 AM

Beautiful animals and fabulous photos...

doohickey Mar 31st, 2008 10:24 AM

Wow, _wow_, WOW!!

Thanks for this treat for all of us :)

-Judith

Chris_GA_Atl Mar 31st, 2008 11:00 AM

What a super set of pictures, Bill, I am totally envious of the sightings you had, and you really made the most of them. Thanks for sharing these.

Chris

star55 Mar 31st, 2008 11:52 AM

Incredibly beautiful photos. The cubs are so cute.
Thanks for including the information on cheetahs.

If this is the same group I heard about when I arrived second week of March, there are now only two cubs. Circumstantial evidence points to a lion having killed one of them.

Kavey Mar 31st, 2008 11:55 AM

Beautiful images...
What an amazing experience you must have had observing this handsome family.

atravelynn Mar 31st, 2008 02:15 PM

Outstanding, what a find. Excellent photos.

one2travel Mar 31st, 2008 03:53 PM

Wow...absolutely incredible.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful gift.

Deb

safarimama Mar 31st, 2008 04:10 PM

OMG!!!!!!
Absolutely incredible pictures. My favorite without hesitation is the one where the cubs seem to be looking up to mom for instructions on what to do next. Absolutely precious.

Bill and Carolyn,
You must be winning prizes with these photos? Fantastic,

thanks for posting,
Kristina

Leely Mar 31st, 2008 05:27 PM

Those cubs are shmudgy wudgy and adorable, unreal. My fave, though, is of mom with bloody face, looking up so angular.

eyelaser Mar 31st, 2008 05:57 PM

Thanks for sharing your great photos. Wonderful lighting and bokeh not to mention the "cute factor".
Eric

HariS Mar 31st, 2008 06:18 PM

Hi Bill,

It certainly was a treat to see these pictures first thing in the morning ..... thanks a lot!!!

Loved the pic of the 3 cubs looking up at Mom with the kill next to them!

Thanks again
Hari

davgai1 Mar 31st, 2008 06:52 PM

Hi Bill and Carolyn,

I really enjoyed all of your latest pictures. It is like being there all over again, only better.

Davgai

CarlaM Mar 31st, 2008 09:00 PM

((*))((*))((*))((*))((*))
All 10's! Totally adorable. <):)