Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > CCAfrica - The Best Deal Around For The Single Traveler

CCAfrica - The Best Deal Around For The Single Traveler

Oct 23rd, 2004, 02:46 AM
Original Poster

CCAfrica - The Best Deal Around For The Single Traveler

In trying to put together an itinerary that at times includes only myself and at other times includes my wife and my mother (3 persons requiring two rooms), time and time again, I am finding that only CCAfrica can help me with the very best deals.

Everywhere, from the cheapest CCAfrica lodge, Matetsi Water Lodge, to the most expensive CCAfrica lodge, Londolozi, CCAfrica has no single supplement, unlike most every other camp/lodge around.

This is a huge factor since most single supplements are anywhere from about 30% - 50% the cost of a person sharing.

(For high end customers, I just noticed that Singita does not charge a single supplement either)

The lack of a single supplement particularly makes lodges such as Sandibe and Nxabega a terrific bargain for anybody that will require a single room. I did not find any other Botswanan lodges that waived the single supplement in high season (Wilderness Safaris, Orient Express, Ker & Downey, Kwando).

Less the cost of transfers, it would be possible for three people to have an 8 night safari split between Matetsi (4 nights) and Sandibe in Moremi (4 nights) for only $9,480 USD ($3,160 each, less than $400 per person per night).

$9,480 will not even get a 3 person group 5 nights at a Wilderness Safari or even Kwando camp, so this is truly a great service that CCAfrica performs for the single traveler.
Oct 25th, 2004, 12:20 PM

Roccco,

Thanks. As a solo traveler who always has to pay the blasted single supplement, I appreciate the tip.
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:01 PM

I also found they were very personal and easy to deal with, and answered numerous questions. When I learned a co-worker was going to be in Cape Town and had scheduled 2 weeks there but not much else -- while I'd planned our neat safari in Botswana, I sent her to ccafrica and they put together a fairly inexpensive package to Vic Falls with 2 nights (was that Matetsi Water Lodge?) for her. She LOVED it.
Apr 21st, 2005, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Funny how I ended up right back where I started. I had not even remembered that I was originally considering Londolozi due to their single supplement waiver, but here it is.

I am hoping that the combination of Londolozi and Simbambili is going to very productive, especially in terms of seeing predators within 15-20 feet (within about a single leap).

Each Londolozi and Simbambili offer very good specials, such as this one:

http://www.tagasafaris.co.za/african...est-events.htm

Looking forward to the day when I can just go spend a couple months straight at different lodges...so many great lodges, so little time!

I am a little disappointed at my lack of adventure. In the end I will visit no new areas this year, but rather visit South Luangwa for the 3rd time, Lower Zambezi for the 2nd time, and the Sabi Sand for the 3rd time (in addition to Cape Town for the 3rd time).

I love each of these places for different reasons (for example, I will not deny that the Sabi Sand is commercialized and I very well may went to throw a couple guests to the lions, but I KNOW that the gameviewing of the big cats will be fabulous. However, it is not the place to go for birding, obviously not for canoeing and especially not for walking safaris).

Anyway, I really, really hope to get to Botswana in April, just as it is still warm in the day and cooling down at night, but before it is bonechilling in the mornings and nights.

My MUST DO LIST of lodges (that I have not yet visited or I am not scheduled to visit).

1. Mombo --brother/sister, can you spare a dime?

2. Savuti

3. Makalolo Plains

4. Vumbura

5. Tubu Tree

6. Kwando Kwara

7. Kwando Lebala

8. Busanga Bush Camp & Lunga River Lodge (www.experienceafrica.com)

9. Kutandala (unfortunately it would have added $2,000 to my cost just in extra air charters so I had to postpone for another time)

10. Tafika, South Luangwa

11. Khwai River Lodge (Orient Express, Botswana)

12. Phinda

13. Jaci's Tree Lodge, Madikwe

Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the single supplement hint. That's a real $ saver.

Search this Thread