CC Africa - 2nd Best Lodge

Sep 7th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

CC Africa - 2nd Best Lodge

All,

If Londolozi is CC Africa's top spot (for 1. luxury and 2. game) what is their 2nd best?

We would consider booking 6 nights with CC Africa for a discount if their was a 2nd property like Londolozi and not too far away.
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:12 AM

ttt
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:53 PM
sandi

I believe that either Phinda or Ngala would be the choices. However, neither are right near Londolozi; transfers would definitely be required.

Check www.ccafrica.com

for details on both.

Phinda is located in KwaZulu-Natal, with three properties under the Phinda umbrella, different in size, type of accommodations and environment. Ngala is a tented camp, relatively new (about 3 or 4 years) and located inside Kruger kind of adjacent to the Timbavati private reserve, whereas, Londolozi is on a the Sabi Sands private reserve.

If you search the board here you will find outstanding reviews on Phinda; don't think I've read anything negative on these properties. Ngala, however, hasn't had many reviews, but those that have appeared have also been excellent. Since Ngala would probably be closer and is a luxury tented camp, it might be something to consider.

As others know from my previous postings, I feel everyone should spend some time under canvas while on safari, regardless the country - so I'd go with Ngala. Nothing like sleeping under canvas and having a truer safari experience. Check out both and decide!

Search this Thread