Cash Problem

Apr 14th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Cash Problem

Hi Everyone:

I need some advice. I have heard different views on the following subject and don't know what to believe. I am travelling to Rabat Morocco in September for the first time and will be living and working there for at least 1 year. My contract starts in October and I will not get paid till the end of October. How many dirhams should I take with me when I enter the country? Is it easy to withdraw cash when the need arises and are major credit cards accepted for shopping in souqs?

Thanks
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:43 AM

Roadrunner,

You may receive a lot better feedback on Lonely Planet's Africa Bulletin Board. (www.lonelyplanet.com).

The Fodor's board seems to be more geared towards very short lengthed luxury travel while over on Lonely Planet you will find people that are spending a year in Africa sometimes for the budget that those on Fodors will spend in one month.

Apr 14th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Roccco: I will check Lonely Planet
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:45 PM

I am quite sceptical about your being paid by the end of Oct. We lived and worked there for 5 yrs and ... I suppose it might depend on who you're working for.
You can easily withdraw funds from a cash machine. You'd be able to use a credit card for rugs and stuff like that in the medina but not for food.
If you need more info, our address is:- [email protected]

Search this Thread