Casbah resort and airfare to Agadir- need help!!!!!

Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:55 AM
wendy

Casbah resort and airfare to Agadir- need help!!!!!

We are planning a family vacation for 10-15 people in August, and are trying to decide between Club Med and what we have heard of the Casbah resort (not fortress) but I can't find anything on it... we heard it is fabulous? Any other suggestions for places to stay with packages for what is included?

Also, we are having a hard time getting ANY decent airfare from the states to Agadir...so packages that include airfare would be great.

Thank you very much for your suggestions in advance!

~Wendy~

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:03 AM
Ursula

Wendy: Just wanted to let you know, that Agadir is known for its foggy summer mornings. I do not know of any European travelling there in the summertime. It's not the best season. This just for your information.
I once spent a week in late February and it was absolutely perfect. Flight was a charter from Europe.
From the US, you might have to travel through Casablanca or take a charter flight.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:18 AM
wendy

Good morning Ursula!

Good to see you!

Thank you- yes, we know it isn't the best time of year, but it is my fiance's father who wants to do this, and they are French and this is the only time they can go during the 'grand vacance'...

We can get the airfare from the states for $920 but it means 2 extra days in Paris to make the connections, and they can't do that...(you know I can!)

Thank you for your advice Ursula! Happy Friday to you~ Wendy~

Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:01 AM
wendy

Well, I found it, but they are completely booked for August AND Spetember! Does anyone have alternate suggestions to Club Med?

FYI: the 'casbah' I was looking for is the Coralia Club La Kasbah.

Merci!
~Wendy~

Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:36 AM
Ursula

Wendy: We stayed at the Agadir Beach Club which is a nice **** next to the Club Med. I think it's a little larger than the Coralia Club. So, maybe you'll be lucky there.
Just one more thing: Don't expect Agadir to be extremely scenic and typical Moroccan. It's was completely destroyed during a heavy earthquake in the early 60s. Now, it's one of the most popular beach resorts that is fine almost all year round and easily accessible from Europe. If you decide to go, make sure you make some trips, because Morocco is an outstanding country to visit. Just beautiful.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:27 PM
wendy

Thank you Ursuala! I fired off an e-mail to them now....

Wendy

Mar 26th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Ursula

Anything new?

Search this Thread