Casablanca, Morocco guides for excursions???

Apr 16th, 1999, 03:53 PM
Linda

Casablanca, Morocco guides for excursions???

Hello. My Dutch female friend (38) and myself, USA (50) will be first-time traveling to Casablana,Morocco for 3 full days, May 8,9 and 10. Have read of precautions for being "hustled" by men who want to be your "guide." We would like some excursions to other cities and sights and maybe even a camel ride! Would invite your recommendations regarding:
1) guides to use
2) places to go
3) things to avoid
4) what to wear
5) brilliant thots!
Thanking you in advance for your help.

Apr 17th, 1999, 06:47 AM
Jeff Spirer

You don't need a guide in Casablanca and you probably won't run into many hustlers. However, Casablanca is not particularly interesting and I would recommend getting out. Two trips you could take would be a day trip to Rabat, the capitol of Morocco and a pretty city, one hour by train, and an overnight trip to Essaouira, a wonderful relaxing seacoast town south of Casa. Both of these locations are also free of hustlers and the need for a guide.

We dressed extremely conservatively everywhere in Morocco, but it isn't really necessary in Casa.

Apr 19th, 1999, 05:49 AM
Linda

Thank you Jeff for your insights. I will copy and email to my Dutch friend. Did you go to Marrakesh also? Conservative dress for women...long skirts? long pants? Thanks again. Linda

Search this Thread