cartouches---ASAP

Jun 11th, 2000, 07:10 PM
Mike

cartouches---ASAP

Hello Again All,

a friend of ours wants a cartouche and we want to know how much it costs (roughly) and what is the best place to get one at.

Thanks Again,
Mike

Jun 12th, 2000, 06:55 PM
Tom

Hi,

You can get cartouche pendants in all array of options. You can even get one made into a ring. You can pick them up with a preprinted name in bazaars as cheap as $5. One of the folks on our trip bought a silver ring with her name in hyroglyphics from a reportedly reputable jeweler for $70. Another got a 18K gold cartouch pendant with sapphires and diamonds for $1000. Some cartouch pendants can be made with 2 names, one on the front and one on the back. Shop around while there.

Jun 13th, 2000, 08:39 AM
cb

Surprisingly, the best gold jewelry/cartouche price I found was on the Nile cruise ship. The most expensive was in the shop our tour guide brought us. The price of gold varies (almost by day). I found a web site that sells cartouche, but I can't remember the address. If you can find that web site, you can use their asking price as basis, not a bargain, but at least you'll have an idea what you should not be paying for when in Egypt. My rule of thumb is never to buy the very first item I see; I use it only as a basis. I may not pay the cheapest, but I won't be paying highest price either.Gold jewelry pieces should also be weighed.
In addition to rings and pendants, key chains, tie tacks, and bracelets can be customized with cartouche. I found sterling silver key chain with names in hieroglyphics make good gifts; those with 6 characters cost me $15 2 years ago.

Search this Thread