Carrying Prescription Medicines

Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:27 AM
greg

Carrying Prescription Medicines

We will be leaving for Tanzania in less than two weeks (yeah). Between my wife and I, we have probably 11 prescription medications that we will have to take. My question is, do we need to leave each medication in it's own bottle, or to save space, can we put all of them in one bottle (we've been taking these long enough that we know each pill by sight, so getting them mixed up will not be a problem).

Thanks

Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:42 AM
gail

The standard advice is to carry all medications in original containers. Do you really want to run the risk of being in Tanzania and have some security person (and it could even be before you leave your country) confiscate meds or hassle you just to save a little space?

If you get scripts filled at local pharmacy, they will be able to label the smallest bottle available with new script label. But if you, like many, are forced by insurer to go to large mail-order pharmacy, I doubt they will do this.

I think it is also obvious not to check your meds with luggage - carry them on.

Sep 4th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Dave

We put meds together in bottles - many times - never had any problem. They won't bother you if you are carrying a reasonable number of pills. They are more concerned about weapons. You might consider taking a copy of the prescriptions or the labels for your peace of mind.

Search this Thread