Carpets and great help in Turkey

Jul 9th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

Carpets and great help in Turkey

During the planning for our trip to Turkey, I ontacted a Guest House in Selcuk (Artemis Guest House... Jimmy's Place
( [email protected] ).... Jimmy's girl friend , Brom, (Australian), suggested that we come to Selcuk first and use their library and their knowledge to plan the rest of our trip!!!... I wish we had done just that!! It is complete with articles, Pixs, etc. and they have a great rate... I believe they were recently written up in, or soon will be, in the 'Back Packers Guide?, .. Also, has a swimming pool! . . TV room complete with English DVD movies and great jazz ? great Pensione/Guest House. . . Selcuk is very close to Ephesus which is the best ruins in Turkey.. They will drop you off and pick you up!! Also, the best breakfast we had in Turkey .. Can have about anything you like for breakfast . . . either, English/American/Turkish/etc or combination of all!

If you are interested in carpet.. we found that Jimmy has the best price for very good quality that we found and we shopped in several places in Kayseri, Capadocia (Avanos, Urgurp, Goreme), and Istanbull... as a matter of fact, we first purchased carpet in Avanos and because of the quality, styles, colors, prices with Jimmy, we bought additional carpet. . . just couldn?t say ?No? to the price and quality!

When we negotiated for the carpets, it was agreed, that they would be shipped by boat/ship. A dock strike occurred in Istanbul. I contacted Jimmy, asked why I had not received my carpet, he immediately tracked them down, had FedEx picked up and shipped them to us by air . . . That?s not just good service, It?s GREAT SERVICE.

When you contact Brom or Jimmy, tell them Jim and Mary said Hello (Also, tell him his Uncle Jim sent you ..and inside joke, we have the same name!).

If we ever go to Turkey again, we will use a central town as a point and take a Dormis mini-buses to the outlying attractions... Selcuk would be a great town to use as a central point... and ?dormis' to places like Pamukkle, Sirence, etc.

Questions,? Jim and Mary ( [email protected] )

Search this Thread