Car Rental in Morocco

Dec 16th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Car Rental in Morocco

We usually ren cars through Auto Europe where we can. However in Morocco several local companies have substantially lower rates. One company is AirCar. Has anyone rented with a local comapny that they could recommend? Thanks!
Aug 3rd, 2019, 09:50 AM

Local companies have good service they want to expend their clientele some have lower prices and very good cars but you should know serious companies from scammers.

Last edited by Moderator3; Aug 4th, 2019 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Remove possible ad for a specific company
Aug 3rd, 2019, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, maybe this will help others. We went to Morocco last May.
Aug 4th, 2019, 02:56 AM

Yes travel, your post popping up here, reminded me that many years ago we hired a car in Tunisia from a local company. There were no problems with the car hire itself but we did find ourselves pulled into an amusing scam when we were flagged down by a small boy who was standing on the side of the road next to a car which had apparently broken down. Could we give him a lift to the next town where he could get help from his uncle? of course we said, so we duly delivered him to his uncle, who [quelle surprise] turned out to have a carpet shop. Would we accept a cup of tea as a thank you for our trouble? Of course the mention that the uncle had a carpet shop had given the game away but we went along with it for a bit, and they were indeed beautiful carpets.

I've often wondered if they are still pulling this scam on tourists, nearly 40 years later. In a way I hope so.
Aug 8th, 2019, 02:37 PM

I'm sorry that I can't recall the name of the company that (eventually) provided our rental from Marrakesh to Fez but it was *very* local. Started with "abd", but we never had much in the way with paperwork, having only heard of them at the last minute, there at Marrakesh airport. The car had seen better days, a battered old manual Peugeot with a lot of miles.. But Budget just totally blew off our pre-paid reservation once we were standing at their counter, literally shrugging us off... I would *not* trust that franchise to actually have a car for you, where the local got us on the road, at least.