Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles

Aug 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles

Planning a trip to the Seychelles Fall 2014. In the process of putting together a budget. Will rent a car for my stay on Mahe. I am looking for guidance on a reputable local car hire company. Prefer to pickup the car at the Seychelles International Airport. I am gathering all quotes from the chain car hire companies (Hertz, Advantage Sixt). Would like to cover all my bases and keep a local firm in the mix. I prefer an automatic shift transmission vehicle. I realize this will up the price, but don't want the worry of manual shift, driving on the left side of the road with terrain on potentially wet asphalt. Thanks for the tips.
Aug 27th, 2014, 06:09 AM

Hi there!

There are numerous car hire companies in Mahe, some of which will drop the car off at the airport or your hotel free of charge (if they are not based at the airport).

Rate-wise, you are probably looking at between 35 to 45 Euros per day, depending on how many days you decide to rent the car for (the longer you hire it, the cheaper the per day charge is).

In terms of reputable local companies, I came across mycar.sc and echocars.sc when doing my research.

I think getting an automatic car is a good idea to be honest, as the roads are quite narrow and hilly in Mahe. And, if you are unused to driving on the left side of the road, it just makes for one less worry!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Search this Thread