Car hire in turkey

Jun 10th, 2002, 09:52 AM
crispy

Car hire in turkey

Hey all, I'm looking to hire a car in Istanbul, drive down the cost and out to Cappadocia, and then fly back to IST. Is is best to hire the car when I get to IST (won't be using it in the city), or rent via internet before I get there? Anyone have any suggestions for best/cheapest firm? Is it a problem to return car at different place then where I pick up? Thanks to all. PS any hotel suggestions would be fabulous. Thanks all!

Jun 12th, 2002, 04:26 AM
isik

Hi Crispy,

Yo can fly to Cappadocia (Kayseri)It is the best way(85$ from istanbul with turkis airlines)you can hire the car in Cappadocia.

I recommend you to visit turkey in europe (forum-europe) there is a lot of suggestions about Cappadocia and istanbul from many people who just returned from their trips.(where to stay,how to go what it to eat..etc)

Have a nice trip

Jun 13th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Ally

Dear Crispy;

Avis-Budget have many branches all over Turkey. Sixt has many,too. and Their prices are cheaper than the others. You would find cheaper prices in local rent-a-car companies. Best way is to rent car in Istanbul and return car to there. Where do you want hotel recommendations in Istanbul or other cities? Please clarify.
I hope ur trip will be fine.
Ally

Search this Thread