Notices

Car &/or Driver Rental in Jordan

Apr 11th, 2000, 06:51 PM
Lee

Car &/or Driver Rental in Jordan

We will be spending 8 nights in Jordan this year. As we prefer the flexibility of going without a tour, we have reserved a car rental with one of the large American companies. Seeing how very expensive it is to rent in Jordan, we are wondering whether it might be no more expensive to book a car and driver for the trip.
Has anyone used a company called Fadi Tours I found on the net which supplies car/drivers? Sure would appreciate hearing from anyone with driving experience in Jordan.

Apr 20th, 2000, 01:38 AM
Sheryl

We just got back from 5 days in Jordan and got a car/driver from Black Iris Tours and Travel. There were four of us and we were in a brand new, comfortable mini-van. Nice driver who spoke English and arranged for guides when we went to sites, etc. Driver's name was "Maher" and he was tickled that people had referred their friends to him. He was available to us 24 hours a day. After a day of sightseeing, he would ask if we had any errands or anything. He'd come back to the hotel and drive us over to the cyber cafe to send our emails home; take us out to a restaurant, etc. It was very convenient. Black Iris has a website at www.blackiris.com.jo or email at [email protected]

Have a great time.

Jul 4th, 2000, 08:45 PM
Cary

Hi. This reference sounds very good. Guys like that (Maher) are such gems when one is abroad. I've rented and driven myself (single female) in Amman and Jordan with no trouble, as long as I have a good map. But I can speak some Arabic and have a sense of the area after a number of years in the Middle East. The driving itself is no problem. But all the helping out is invaluable. C.

Search this Thread