Customised tour to Israel/Jordan

Old May 17th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Gordon

Customised tour to Israel/Jordan

My wife and I would like to make a customised tour to Israel and Jordan(Petra/Jerash) starting Oct 1st. Would like some suggestions on tour companies/guides who would be best suited for this. Looking at 10-12 days. Also any particular info on must see /must do. Any recos on USD 60-100 per day hotels in Jerusalem / TelAviv or cebtrally located B&Bs. Any help will be much appreciated.

Old May 17th, 2000, 12:34 PM
John

Hi, Gordon,
Can't help on guides - we think Israel is easy to visit on one's own (car hire, etc.).
For accommodation in Jerusalem, I'd suggest you consider the YMCA, across the street from the King David Hotel, but around half the price. Comfortable enough, beautiful historic building, OK restaurant. Very central and a landmark. http://www.ymca3arch.co.il/

Old May 21st, 2000, 07:37 PM
Norma

My husband and I took the "Discover Jordan" 9 day tour with Calvery Tours
(Fairfield, Ct 1-800-399-1313)in April this year. Had a wonderful time. We had them arrange extensions afterwards to St, Catherines in Sinai and three nights in Jerusalem. We had no tour director on thezse extensions and did it on our own. We stayed in a moderate priced hotel (actually an old monastery made into a hotel). I believe that the price would be about $80 for a double room and breakfast and perhaps dinner. it was just across the street from the ols City of jerusalem, which is enclosed in walls. We entered by the Jaffa Gate, but the New Gate is close also.

Old May 21st, 2000, 07:51 PM
Norma

Gordan, I hit a key by accident, and my letter was posted before I meant for it to be. So I did not finish, neither did I correct misspellings.

To finish: We got a bus (Eggs Tours) and rode around the city. For$10.00 each we could ride the route all day, getting off at one of its stops and getting back on as the bus came around again. It is a great way to see the city. Just inside the Jaffa Gate there is a tourist office that sells the tickets and we boarded the bus close by. We also enjoyed walking on top of the city walls. I recommend that you buy the Lonely Planet book of Israel before you go. Lots of help in it.

Old May 21st, 2000, 08:00 PM
Norma again

There must be a limit on the length of letters here. My letter was cut off again. I meant to tell you that the name of our hotel is Notre Dame. Calvery Tours can arrange what you want.
Happy Traveling!
By the way...Petra in Jordan is a wonderful site! You need about 8 hours inside the place to get to see enough. A half day would not be enough. We stayed 2 nights there.

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 09:13 AM
jordanholiday tours

good day from amman/jordan

for any information about jordan,lebanon,syria or israel
pls contact us .we advise you the best

ali