Capetown - Xmas

Mar 31st, 2001, 12:19 AM
woody

Capetown - Xmas

Hi

I am trying to find a small self catering type of apartment( or even B&B) for three of us, (two rooms) for 18 - 27 Dec 01 in and around clifton or camps bay? (but am open to other suggestions).

I have sent e-mails to varous places but never seem to get a reply.

We haved booked into a Days Inn in Capetown just in case we cant find anywhere but I dont want to stay there and am hoping to cancel it.

I'm not sure what sort of rate per person is considered right for this busy time of year. We were hoping forless that R350 p.p.p.n.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. The rest of our month long trip is booked, its just this last part.

Thanks

Woody
UK

Apr 1st, 2001, 10:05 PM
local

Hi Woodies

Try www.aa-travel.com - it provides accommodation that is accredited to the AA here. Maybe they can help.

Note - Christmas in Cape Town is VERY busy and expensive.

Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:54 AM
Lisa

We have stayed a few times at the Sir Francis www.sirfrancis.com. It's on High Level Road in Green Point/three Anchor Bay area. Loved it. Has a small pool. It's an apartment block which has been rehabbed into a hotel so you have a full kitchen, living/dining area with sleep sofa (very comfortable), bedroom, bathroom. Fully serviced. breakfast is available, parking too. Staff very friendly helpful and honest. % minutes from Waterfront, Sea Point.

Ask for a sea-facing apartment. Great views. Quiet, safe area.

Apr 3rd, 2001, 03:15 AM
james

The aa site mentioned above is good, but also try www.bookabed.co.za who I have used and thought pretty good. Forget Days Inn - it's awful. If you have to use a hotel, try Holiday Inn, Greenmarket Square - right in the centre of town at reasonable prices. www.iafrica.com has a good accommodation section. Have fun!

Search this Thread