Capetown-What to see in 2 days

Nov 7th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Capetown-What to see in 2 days

Hi,

I'm looking for any help on must-sees in Capetown. Unfortunately, we only have 2 days. Some of our possible itinerary ideas include:
Robben Island
Bo Kaap
Cape of Good Hope
District 6 Museum
South African National Gallery
Greenmarket Square
Pan-African Market
Table Mountain

We know we won't have time to do all of these things, so are hoping for some suggestions. Any thoughts on cutting out Robben Island? We live in San Francisco, and have been to Alcatraz with family one time too many. While obviously the history is much different, is it absolutely worthwhile to do, with the limited amount of time we have there?

Thanks so much,
Amanda
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:29 AM

Robben Island would be on the top of my list, with Table Mountain second. You can see everything on your list in 2 days. I would recommend an early start to Robben Island to it doesn't take up an entire day.
Nov 7th, 2005, 01:02 PM

I would plan my trip according to the weather. If it is clear, go up to Table Mountain..if not, go to Robben Island. Robben Island is a half day trip, but it is a must do experience. I would drive down one side to the Cape of Good Hope and drive back the other. The views are magnificent
Nov 25th, 2005, 03:31 PM

See if you can work a rugby game in at night!...Robben Island is really something to see, the trip over there is beautiful on boat as well, so that adds to the experience. Table mountain is a must see, but do make sure the sky is clear, otherwise it's not worthwhile.

Search this Thread