Search

From Madrid to Morocco???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Wendy Kyle

From Madrid to Morocco???

Help!! Found a great flight into Madrid Feb 12-20th and just bought it thinking that we could go to the Prado and get over to Barcelona and just hang out in Spain...then, started reading about Morroco...Marakesh,Fez and Essaouira and it is SO enticing...Should I grab a flight from Madrid to Casablanca and spend a few days in Marakesh and a few in Essaouira??? Or should I spend a couple of days in Spain (drive from Madrid and take the ferry to Tangier??) and a couple in Marakesh?? I'm thinking that it will be quite cold in Madrid and I love Barcelona (I was there in April but my husband has never been)so ideally one day in Madrid and a couple in Barcelona and three in Marakesh...(it's the american way!!) am I crazy??? What is the best way to get around???

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:47 AM
LHALLSB

having just done the drive, i would suggest you fly. really. if i could do it over i would gladly avoid the aggravation of taking the car on the ferry and dealing with the customs 'officials' at the port. also, it's a long haul from tanger to marrakesh...not the way to go for an eight day vacation, especially if you still want to do barcelona.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:58 PM
marina

I just spent a year living in Spain. I will not forgive you if you just stay one day in Madrid! (enough said?)

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 02:29 PM
wendy

Marina...I'm open to suggestions...would love to hear your thoughts...much better to get advice from people who have lived there!!<BR>WEndy

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having lived in Spain for 20 yrs. and Morocco for 5 yrs, I can truly say that you are trying to do too much in 8 days. Warmth seem to be an issue so I would fly to Marrakesh from Madrid (Casa isn't worth even 1 day), then visit Taraoudant and Essaouira.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedar, what about Tangier?
We will be in Lisbon and are considering a day trip to Tangier.. What do you suggest?
Patricia