Cape Winelands tour

Apr 28th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Cape Winelands tour

We will be in Cape Town in September 2004, staying at the Mount Nelson for 4 nights. We also have 1 additional night "open". We will be first-timers in Cape Town, and plan to take the Cape Winelands tour. Would this more easily be done by staying at the Cathbert Country House (or any other guest house in either Franschhoek or Stellenbosch), or will the site of our accommodations be no factor at all? If that is the case, should we merely add the 1 "open" night to our Mount Nelson stay, or should a different site/area be experienced for that 1 "open" night?
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:30 PM

Hi jrruff,

If your reason for wanting to move to another place of stay in the Winelands such as Cathbert is to try and have a more fulfilling winelands experience then my suggestion is that you do not uproot yourself from the Mount Nelson. I say this because a Cape winelands tour could quite easily be done in a normal day using the Mount Nelson as your homebase.

If on the other hand you want to attain a new expereince in the form of a Winelands stayover and want to leave the Nellie one day earlier than normal then even though you wont be attaining much in terms of time saving on your Winelands tour by making the accommodation move you will be expereincing another wonderful place of stay in the Cape region.

The horrid choice of what to do is yours to make.

With all the various choices one has to make is'nt Cape Town a great place.

Now you know why I call my website "I Love Cape Town"

Enjoy our city when you visit us.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Apr 28th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Selwyn, for your response.

Based upon your comments, the only logical choice is to add the 1 extra night to the Mount Nelson stay, especially since it's only 1 night.

Search this Thread