Cape Town with my daughter

Jun 14th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Cape Town with my daughter

I will be in Cape Town in just over 2 weeks with my 5 year old daughter. We have 4 nights there before going to the Kruger Park and I wanted to get some ideas on things she may enjoy. We'll be at the Sheraton so obviously the Waterfront to eat. I am also intending to show her Table Mountain, Cape Point, Boulders and also Spier where you can apparently pet the cheetah cubs. As it is mid-winter and seeing that we are coming from Southern California no desperate need to go the beach (although I recognize that the beaches in RSA are streets ahead of anything in California). Does anyone have any additional ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:38 AM

There's an amusement park called Ratanga Junction just outside the city centre if she's into rides and things.
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:58 AM

Just left Cape Town last Tuesday. The V&A waterfront is great fun on the weekends, with bands, jugglers, face painters and mimes. Seals can be seen at close quarters near the clock tower. They have a special area they sun themselves on. Try the toffee yoghurt in the food court - yummy.
The aquarium was also very interesting, though just like Monterey in CA.
The beaches south of Cape Town are lovely with big boulders and lots of tide pools to check out. The weather was getting chilly, so take sweaters.
As you are going to Boulders Beach to see the penguins, go to a little beach just south of the one with the boardwalks. You can get closer to the penguins there.
Do you need accommodation recommendations for self catering?
Are you renting a car - we used Tempest and picked up a Corolla in town. Reasonable for S.A. prices with 0 excess insurance.
Jun 15th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Hi Twoaussies. Thanks for the recommendations. No need for accomodation-we're at the sheraton. I will look into tempest though as I do still need to get a car.

Search this Thread