Search

flight to Eliat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flight to Eliat

How much is a flight from Tel Aviv to Eliat?
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 11:05 AM
sandi

With an Eilat package including hotels, it's cheaper then air alone Check out the packages. Try the El Al website and look for package programs to Eilat. Or check the Isram www.isram.com (or www.insramtours.com) and see if they have packages on their site.

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Israir has usually very good packages. You can check them on Israir.co.il (click on "Packages&quot though it seems to me easier to call them on 1.877.477.2471.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 07:23 AM
eri

If you have the time, drive to Eilat. The desert roads either through the Ramon Crater or the Arava Road are interesting. It will be a pitty to miss them.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 01:05 PM

I agree with Eri, as long as you have half a day to spare, each way. And of course, as long as you have a rental car.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 10:41 PM

Are you also purchasing an international air ticket? If so, you may inquire about an add on flight. Our add to Eilat was very inexpensive. (approx 100 US round trip)
Old May 1st, 2005, 10:32 AM

How long a drive (Time wise) is it between Tiberias and Eilat?

How long (time wise) between the Dead Sea and Eilat?
Old May 1st, 2005, 04:26 PM

Tiberias to Eilat can be driven straight down south along the Jordan valley (Kvish Habik'a) and along the Dead Sea. I would estimate it at roughly 5 hrs. But there are some security issues here, since you're driving in the backyard of the Palestinian territories.

More secure would be driving around, partially thru Road 6 (toll Rd.), down thru Beer Sheva. That could take you approx. 6.5 hrs.

Dead Sea to Eilat (of course, it depends WHERE along the Dead Sea you start driving) would take about 2.5 - 3 hrs.
Old May 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM

Thanks Mamamia for the information.

I have 5 days after leaving Tiberias. At this time, "I think" I want to be in Eilat for 3 days and stop at the Sheraton at the Dead Sea for 2 days before returning to Tiberias.

I posted the question because I was not sure if I could drive straight thru to Eilat or if I needed to stop at the Dead Sea for a night on the way down and a second night on the way back.

It appears from your input that I can drive staight thru to Eilat and spend 2 days at the Dead Sea on my return.
Old May 1st, 2005, 08:53 PM

Yes, time-wise it can be done. I'm just curious, being in Israel, do you also plan visiting other really magnificent places like ...Jerusalem?

The Dead Sea is a must, but if planning 2 days there, check also about climbing up the Massada, and visiting Ein Gedi.

And when in Eilat, check about the Solomon Copper Mines in Timna, visit the colorful life deep in the Oceanarium, or even cross the border into Egypt for a short drive down south to some beautiful resorts on the Red Sea.
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:55 PM
eri

Sorry to interfere (again). I highly recommend NOT to drive through the Kvish Habik'a! It is dangerous!!! Using the new road no. 6 is advisable. It is fast (it is a toll road).
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:06 AM

Mamamia,

We have family near Tiberias and have been to Israel before. We have been to Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, the Dead Sea (only for a day), and yes even at one time Jericho.

We will be in the country close to 2 weeks in September, and plan on spending time with the family when they are not working. While they are at work (the 5 days), we are looking to explore places we have not been to. We understand Eilat is a destination many Israelies look forward to, so we thought of going there and possibly Jordan.

We are open to all suggestions......
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:04 AM

I tend to agree with Eri about not using the Jordan Valley road (Kvish Habik'a) from Tiberias thru the Dead Sea. I wouldn't call it dangerous, but it is less safe (even if becuase it is narrow) than using the toll road, no. 6, which is also a new, wide, very convenient highway.

And I would also repeat Eri's suggestion about driving to Eilat, to use the 2 optional roads, like going thru Mitzpe Ramon on the way to Eilat, and coming back thru the Arava Road.

That way, you drive down to Beer Sheva and then take the Mitzpeh Ramon road. Coming back the Arava road, which is a flat road going along the Israeli-Jordanian border, you end up close to the Dead Sea. Instead of turning left to Beer Sheva, you turn right to the Dead Sea.

Coming back from the Dead Sea, you can drive up north towards Jericho and then turn west to Jerusalem. OR, again, avoiding the Palestinian territories, you drive up the mountains to Arad, and down going west towards Tel Aviv, connecting back to Road 6.

Old May 6th, 2005, 06:36 AM

I am driving from Jerusalem or Beit Shean (not sure which yet) to Eilat. I am not clear which roads I am to avoid from the discussion if I want to go along the Dead Sea on the way south and the center of the country on the way north back to Ben Gurion. Can't find the nysterious toll road no. 6 on any of my maps.
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM

Glorious:

The basic idea is avoiding roads which are within the West Bank. So from Beit Shean it's better to go AROUND the West Bank, instead of straight down south along the Jordan river. Same with leaving from Jerusalem. I'd rather go west towards the international airport and get on Road 6 there, going south.

You probably don't find Highway 6 on your map 'CAUSE IT IS NEW, just opened couple years ago, and still under construction to extend it farther north and south.

I couldn't find a map either, but here are 2 sources to learn about it:

http://www.roadtraffic-technology.co...cts/highway_6/

http://www.kvish6.co.il/asp/project/english.html
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM

Thanks, Mamamia. I checked out the sites. It is indeed the story of the Phantom Tollbooth (and highway). It seems that there have been haredi demonstrations trying to block the highway. Check out the Jerusalem Post and Haaretz articles for Apr 29 and so I'll just have to hope it's open to Beersheva. Will try the tourist office again to ask about a map (and ask why they told me to go down Route 90...).
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM

The haredi (ultra religious Jews) demonstrations were at the construction site of the highway, not blocking traffic on the highway itself.

Becuase of the sophistication of the toll road (it's all automated, no toll booths), the only thing you need to do is, if renting a car, to check with the rental car agency and tell them you're planning to use the toll road.

I am sure the rental agency will get you an updated map, or updated instructions, especially if you ask them about using highway 6.
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM
eri

You don't have to worry about the toll. Upon returning the rental tell them you used that road. They will contact the roat authorities and charge you accordingly. One way should be around 4 dollars. It is an excellent road. Don't worry about any demonstrations. They are at the construction site of the new extention of the road which is not open to the public.
And... the dangerous part (and yes, I think it is dangerous) of the Bik'aa Road is the part between Beit Shean and Jericho. PLEASE don't go on this strech of the road!!! Other than that, we use all the roads all the time. You will have a great interesting time.
Oh, yes. On your return drive on Kvish Ha'arava going north from Eilat to the Dead Sea, on your right, after passing a mass of green houses, just before Zofar, you will see a strange place called MOA. It is a road restaurant. It always reminds me of the Cafe Bagdad (remeber the movie?) Actually the food is pretty good and I think it is a fun place to have a break and nibble something. Much better than all the other places you might encounter on your way.