Cape Town to Mauritius

Jan 30th, 2006, 11:05 AM
LSS
Original Poster

Cape Town to Mauritius

Hello!

We are planning a trip to S. Africa & Botswana for December 06. We will start by spending 3 days at a camp in Botswana. Then we MAY do Victoria Falls, although from what I've read, it may not be worth the trip. Then on to Kruger National Park for 3 days in another camp, followed by 3 days in Cape Town.

My questions are these:
1 - considering that flying from Botswana to Victoria Falls to Kruger may make take 3 days because flights aren't regular, is it worth the time to see the falls?
2 - OR should we bundle the few days we have left and fly to Mauritius? I've heard its beautiful there, albeit expensive.
3 - How long is the flight from Cape Town to Mauritius or do you have to fly from Jberg?

Thanks so much to all of you experienced travelers!
Jan 30th, 2006, 11:11 AM

my two cents:

if you live within striking distance of tahiti or hawaii or even the caribbean, then there is very little reason to go al the way to mauritius. it's very industrial looking in the interior (think puerto rico) with a few areas that are near deserted cane fields (that's the hawaii part) and the lagoon is ok- but nothing different from what you can find in many many other places.

we were there in 2004. when we go back to africa we will again go to botswana and south africa, but we will never ever go to mauritius and we will not be sorry. just not worth it.

it's popular for europeans, though, because you can fly direct from places like france and park at a hotel.

Search this Thread