Cape Town - Portswood or Commodore

Mar 18th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Cape Town - Portswood or Commodore

In August I will be staying 4 nights in Cape Town with my nephews who are ages 12 & 14. Does anyone have recent experience at either the Portswood or Commodore? Is one better than the other for 1 adult and 2 kids?

I previously stayed at the Victoria & Alfred. How do they comnpare with the V&A?

Thank you
Mar 18th, 2005, 11:54 AM

movielaw,

The Commodore is the big sister to the Portsowod in that they both come out of the same stable of Legacy Hotels. The Commodore is a more flashy hotel with a pool and slightly better rooms than the Portswood however with that said there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Portswood if you are looking for a no frills, comfortable, safe place of stay. Both hotels are well located relative to the Waterfront and in August I reckon you should obtain some good rates from both hotels. Btw you should let me try and obtain a further discount for you at any of the two hotels as I am 100% sure that I can gain you a lot of savings via tour operator commission that I pass on to visitors to my great city. If you write to me I will tell you more about this.

I assume that you want to know about the Portswood or the Commodore versus the V&A in your last question. In response the V&A is a lot more classy in decor and room size but then it is also more expensive than the Portswood or Commodore. The V&A also has good views from all its rooms which is not a guarantee at the Portswood or Commodore. If I had to choose overall then value for money I would choose the Portswood over Commodore over the V&A because of the amount of time that you stay in your hotel when you are on vacation the Portswood or the Commodore certainly fits this bill.

Hope this helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread