Cape Town next, not Namibia

Jun 5th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Cape Town next, not Namibia

Some of you may remember that we were thinking of Namibia for our next trip to Africa ......... change of plan and we're now heading to Cape Town instead!

Latest plan is 5 nights Welgelegen Guest House in Cape Town , 2 nights Klein Oliphants Hoek in Franschhoek and 2 nights at Auberge Burgundy in Hermanus and we plan on being there in the last couple of weeks of September.

We decided not to do the full Garden Route but rather spend time getting to see a lot of Cape Town while we are there - fantasy (delusions?) of maybe moving there one day!

We're booking through a company called Cedarberg Travel who have come up with this trip for what seems a very reasonable amount. (I looked at booking it ourselves but reckon I could only beat their price by about £70 each - not worth the hassle!)

We haven't finalised the trip yet so please let me know any opinions of the guest houses we've chosen.
Jun 6th, 2005, 01:56 AM

Hey Ruthie!

No comment on your choices but just thought I'd chime in with a Woo Hoo to congratulate you for deciding on your next trip! There's so much to do in the area that I can understand your decision to limit yourself given the number of nights you have!
Sounds like a blast! Wish I could come!
PS If CT wasn't such a long haul from London I too would consider buying in the area - but it's simply not realistic as a short break destination for us - although many people do it. And we're not interested in emigrating that far for extended periods of time either. But I can totally understand the appeal!

Search this Thread