Search

best tour company?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 04:24 PM
Carol Moore

best tour company?

Can anyone advise on the best tour operator for touring Turkey. We have information so far from GLOBUS, INSIGHT VACATIONS and COSMOS but I know there are a lot of other options out there. Thank you.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Kathy

My husband and I travelled to Turkey in 1997. We were on a Rick Steves tour. You can check out his tours at ricksteves.com. His tour was "subcontracted" to Meli Seval who he met in Turkey during one of his vacations. She also has her own tour company that I would highly recommend. You can reach her at http://melitour.com/index.html <BR>I will be taking her Spa and Bath trip this fall. She is a 50 something Turkish woman who loves her country and is a walking encyclopedia of Turkish history. She was the reason we fondly remember our tour of Western Turkey in 1997. I love Turkey and can't wait to return.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Kathy

Since Turkey is in Europe and Asia you might get a few more replies if you post to those continents at travel talk home.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 05:27 PM
M&J

We love Turkey and consider it a major destination for us. We have travelled own our and with help from a Turkish tour agency. We also have a write-up for first time visitors to Istanbul and if you a copy, just email us. But we do charge ! You have to share you trip with us when you return.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Belinda

We will be traveling to Turkey with PACHA TOURS in the Fall. I have heard excellent reviews about them. You can check out their website at: www.pachatours.com <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 01:28 PM
cb

I did a 17-day Pacha tour of western turkey last March. At $1295 from New York for the whole trip , I found it to be a bargain.That was off-season, but the temperatures were mostly in the 60s (70s near the coast). Off-season also meant a smaller group and less crowds at the sights. The hotels were ok Best-Western type), food was ok, and our guide (Tulay) was very good . At that price, don't expect fancy rooms and classy meals.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:57 AM
Michael

What about ? <BR>www.oldistanbul.com

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:59 AM
Michael

What about ? <BR>www.oldistanbul.com <BR>Michael

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Nancy

I recently returned from a tour run by Homeric Tours. they are a nightmare to do business with and I beseech you not to use them. I was not ticketed correctly and needed to buy a ticket at the last minute and paid out of pocket expenses. Since it was their error I was assured that I would be reimbursed. well, have you seen the refund? That's how I have seen it. Even after numerous calls to the tour company and a letter written to the President, I have heard nothing. Worst experience I have ever had and I have traveled all over the world.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Huong

Try www.goaheadvacations.com. We used them for our Europe trip last year and loved it. We're going to Egypt with them in a month.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 07:53 AM
Katherine

Check out Oversees Adventure Travel, www.oattravel.com Everyone I know who has used them has been very happy and they have an interesting looking Turkey trip.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Adrianne C

Went to Turkey with Overseas Adventure Travel and it was the best vacation I have ever taken. Small group....very informative, attentive, bright guide (erdahl Karsi) and a fabulous wekk long gulet cruise on the Med. Active hiking, but option to lounge on yacht if desired. Best trip OATS offers.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Sandra

We went to Turkey on May for 14 days with Trafalgar's and it was great. We went to Istambul and from there we crossed the strait and went south, visiting several cities on our way. We went so far as Capadoccia. Everything was smooth and easy, with a great guide, clean bus and nice hotels, when possible...

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 09:22 AM
maria

Just came back from the best two weeks of my life in Turkey. Try CLUBABC at ClubABC.com their Turkish Discovery is wonderful.