Cape Town -> Knysna: Suggestions for a 3 day-drive

Nov 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Cape Town -> Knysna: Suggestions for a 3 day-drive

Hi all,

Just a few weeks before my SA first trip and I am super excited. I will have 3 days to spend outside of Cape Town and have decided to drive with my friends to Knysna, but was wondering if there is a place worth visiting (and potentially staying for the night) between Cape Town and Knysna?

Also, on the way back to Cape Town, is there a different road that you would recommend, instead of taking the same one?

Thanks again.
Nov 5th, 2012, 01:13 AM

There are 2 routes inland on the R62 or semi-coastal N2. The N2 takes you pass the Overberg region, here you have Hermanus, Gansbaai for shark diving, Cape Agulhas where the 2 oceans meet & the southern point of Africa, Arniston, De Hoop NR, the pont across the Breede River at Malgas & lovely Witsand a small fishing village with a lovely beach & whales in the bay (if it's not to late). Witsand is half way between Cape Town & Knysna. From Knysna head to George then Oudtshoorn, here you have Cango Caves, lots of ostriches & Cango Wildlife Ranch (a bit zoo like)& scenic mountain passes. From here head to Montagu have a break at the springs & refresh yourselves before heading back to CT.
Nov 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!
Nov 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM

If it were me, I would spend a night or two at the De Hoop Nature Reserve - a stunningly beautiful place. Have a look here:

http://www.capenature.co.za/docs/753...20brochure.pdf

...and here (for accommodation) - the campsite rondawels are wonderful, as long as you are willing to cook for yourself.

http://www.dehoopcollection.com/?roo...-at-the-opstal
CR

Search this Thread