Cape Town - Itinerary Help Please!

Mar 7th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Cape Town - Itinerary Help Please!

I arrive in Cape Town lunchtime 6th April, and depart the evening of 17th April.

Some suggestions we have received include:

6th, 7th, 8th , 9th Cape Town - four nights at Bluegum Hotel
10th Shark dive at Gans Baii driving on to Struis Baii for overnight at Harbour Lights bed and breakfast
11th, 12th, 13th, 14th - Garden Route - at the Wilderness Beach Hotel
15th, 16th - Stellenbosch at D'ouwe Werf hotel
17th - return to CT

So my questions are:
a) Has anyone stayed at these hotels?
b) Is the Garden Route worth doing / should we spend more time in CT / Winelands
c) Is this too much time driving?
d) Is Arniston better to stay rather than Stuis Baii

Any recommendations, from hotels, activities, restaurants etc would be so gratefully received.
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Your itinerary looks fine to me. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the properties in which you'll be staying.

I particularly was curious to know where the Bluegum Hotel in Cape Town was located, because location makes a difference in Cape Town.

I found Bluegum Hill Guesthoues in Green Point. If that's where you're staying, I think that's fine, in the sense that Green Point is conveniently situated between the city centre and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront on the one hand and the suburbs on the Atlantic (western) Seaboard on the other hand.

Then I found Blue Gum Country Estate in Stanford. It looks like a gorgeous place, but it would be completely unsuitable as a base for sight seeing in Cape Town and its immediate environs. Stanford is near Hermanus.

Hope that helps.

Search this Thread