Cape town in April 3rd week

Aug 30th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Cape town in April 3rd week

We plan on going to South Africa for 2 weeks April 18th onwards. How is the weather in Cape Town at that time of the year?
Aug 30th, 2013, 12:34 PM

Hi,

Cape Town weather is always somewhat unpredictable. April is usually quite good - it's the end of summer and not yet cold, with little rain and the notorious summer wind has calmed down, but nothing is guaranteed because lately the weather has been somewhat weird (think: climate change). If you're here for 2 weeks the chances are high that you will have some good weather if not a whole lot of it. The perfect clothing to bring is a variety of stuff you can layer; even when days are warm the evenings are cool.

I hope that helps, and I know you will have an awesome holiday! If you like the outdoors there's loads of walking and hiking so bring good trainers! 2 weeks is a nice length of time to explore this whole region so make sure you do that. If you use my username in a google search you can contact me directly for more info or services.
Aug 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM

Sorry, bad wording: "chances are high that you will have some good weather if not a whole lot of it" means you could have 2 weeks of non-stop perfect weather!
Aug 31st, 2013, 04:58 AM

Hi there

I have been to Cape Town many times over the years and have always had mostly good weather with the occasional horrible day, which can happen at any time of the year. The winds can be awesome - I was nearly blown off the Cliffside at Hout Bay one year but strangely enough, both times I have been in April the weather has been perfect the whole time. Beautiful sunny days and much cooler evenings. The beauty of Cape Town is that there is always something to do, whatever the weather.

Take the first opportunity to go up Table Mountain as the cable car gets closed down in high wind and there is no pint going up there if it's not a clear day. You only need a couple of hours at the top so just do it when you get the chance. There is nothing worse than planning to do it on the last day then finding the cable car shut down.

For the scrummiest afternoon tea ever go to the Mount Nelson Hotel. It beats tea at the Ritz hands down and is less than £15 per head. You won't need to eat dinner that night!

Search this Thread