Cape Town hotels

Aug 12th, 2002, 03:48 PM
YS

Cape Town hotels

I would like to get an opinion (good or bad) for these three hotels at Cape Town. Anything you could share would be really helpful.

* THE PROTEA HOTEL SEA POINT
* THE PROTEA PRESIDENT HOTEL
* THE VICTORIA JUNCTION HOTEL

Thanks!

Aug 14th, 2002, 12:26 AM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Hello YS

In response to your question:

* THE PROTEA HOTEL SEA POINT

Good value for money.
Well located
Big rooms and well appointed
Very average breakfast
Helpful staff
My personal star rating out of 5 = 3

* THE PROTEA PRESIDENT HOTEL

Good value for money.
Well located
Big rooms and well appointed
Very average breakfast
Helpful staff
Wonderful views from hotel if you get a sea facing room
My personal star rating out of 5 = 4

* THE VICTORIA JUNCTION HOTEL
Reasonable value for money.
Incredibly well located
Average sized rooms and well appointed
Good breakfast
Very Helpful staff
My personal star rating out of 5 = 3

Last question. Why are you looking to wanting to stay in hotels? Guesthouses are a much better option.

As a Cape Town tourguide/operator I always recommend guesthouses to my visitors to over hotels. I do this because owners of South African guesthouses are generally marvelous hosts. The ones that I use as a tour guide definitely are as such. Bear in mind that guesthouses represent excellent accommodation that is much more personalized at MUCH BETTER rates than hotels. When you are in a guesthouse you have total freedom of movement such as if you want to put some juice or soda in the refrigerator for yourself for late at night you can do this and whatever else you would like to do. It is a wonderful free and easy style of holidaying. What also is most important is that because of the sizes of the guesthouse you will NOT be in amongst the hordes of tourists as you might only have a couple of other guests at the guesthouse while you are there. Thus you get great accommodation, personalised attention as well as wonderful value in a very safe place to stay when you reside in guesthouses and that is why I recommend them so highly. To find out about where to stay in SA guesthouses please go to http://www.portfoliocollection.co.za/
Make this website your bible when touring SA when it comes to accommodation. You will NOT be disappointed of that I can assure you.

OK I hope the above all helps.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Search this Thread