Cape Town - cool restaurants?

Jan 10th, 2001, 03:05 PM
james

Cape Town - cool restaurants?

I'm going back to CPT next week. Been a few times, but always hit the touristy places. Can anyone tell me where the locals go for good food, a great view maybe and a good time? Would really appreciate any ideas. Also same for Paarl, Franschhoek, etc...

Jan 11th, 2001, 05:34 AM
kay

Great North Indian food at Buckari(?sp) which is in CT - Burg and Church Street (upstairs). You must book. You will find it in the tel directory. Maria's in the Gardens area for Greek food. This is a tiny place and I don't know if they take bookings. There are many places along the beach front in Camps Bay where there is a nice atmosphere. Postacino (?sp) on the Main Road in Sea Point near Marais Road is great Italian - also small and very busy. Always good to get fish and chips at On the Rocks in Hout Bay during the day - it is at the end of the road past the harbour not in the harbour. We did a day thing at La Masseria which is just outside Stellenbosch. The local cuisine street food is always good too - samoosas, salomis, boerewors rolls. Have fun.

Jan 11th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Sabrina

Try Marco's African Place. It's not far from Greenmarket Square. It was truly an experience for me. I had never eaten game food and I thought what I had was pretty good. Live music too.

Jan 16th, 2001, 06:01 AM
sole

BUKHARA IS A REALLY GOOD INDIAN !!!
IN KLOOF STREET CAFE PARADISO AND for lunch Cafe Bardelli, at Kloof Street too

Search this Thread