Cape Town and Pennisula

Jul 29th, 1999, 07:29 AM
Lincoln

Cape Town and Pennisula

I am going to Cape Town in less than a week. I need information onm how to go to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. How far is it from downtown Cape Town? Is it worlth yto make the trip? And how do I get there?

Jul 29th, 1999, 09:23 AM
Bob

Hey hey!

Cape Point is very cool - you have two options (public transport does not go to the point)
a) a day trip - DAY TRIPPERS are great fun and alternative - not your typical get on a bus, stop take photos kind of guys! You go hiking, biking, picnic lunch etc. Costs R155 per person, all costs included
B) hire a car go to www.travelinafrica.co.za for details of rental from R99 per day.
This is an ifo page with stacks of useful stuff for your trip, from tours to transport, accomodations to car rentals.
Or you can mail me direct.

Aug 1st, 1999, 11:16 AM
Roger Vineall

As the previous message said, there's no public transport. If you hire your own car, then it's about 60km (40 miles) from Cape Town. I think it's worth the trip, but if the wind is blowing in the city when you leave, you can be sure that there will be a raging gale at Cape Point when you get there. The views from the two lighthouses are impressive.

Aug 2nd, 1999, 07:50 AM
Lincoln

Thanks guys....

Search this Thread