Cape Town and Botswana

Jun 14th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Cape Town and Botswana

Can someone please help me with a trip to Cape Town and Botswana for two of us? We only have about two weeks in August 05 and would like to go there. If you only had two weeks how would you split your time between the two? Also how do you go about choosing a place/tour in Botswana? Can I get an idea of cost? I think that we'd like to go to the Delta from what we have researched. What is the best way to get from Cape Town to Maun? Should I book the flight from SA and tour in Botswana together? I read somewhere that the timing of the tours can wreak havoc with flight plans. Thanks for anyone's help.
Jun 14th, 2005, 10:30 PM

The Tour operator can arange your flight from Cape Town To Maun.
From Maun you can go to (for instance )Oddballs and spend a week in the Okavango Delta.Try www.botswana-botswana.com.
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:44 AM

I would contact one of the travel agencies that has been highly recommended here for South Africa as you have a very short time before you want to go on safari in high season and accomodations will be limited. The camps are small -- usually no more than 12 - 16 guests accomodated at any one camp -- so where you go may well depend on what is available.

As for the flights, it is more than just getting to Maun. You will need help with getting to and from the camps -- these are fly in and depending on the camps will depend on the flights -- I believe Wilderness Safaris operates their own airplanes to get from camp to camp etc so it needs to be coordinated. If you are serious about safari this August, you have no time to waste getting started.

On the other hand, if you want to stay in South Africa and Cape Town, be prepared for it to be winter there and the rainy season. Because of that, you can probably rent a car and go where you want -- reservations in advance would not be necessary. Do searches her on things like Cape Town to find out what there is to do a nd suggestions of routes and places to stay.

Search this Thread