Cape Town _ Canal Walk

Sep 7th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Fil
Original Poster

Cape Town _ Canal Walk

Any information about holiday inn hotel in this area?
Itīs a news area? itīs nice? like water front?
Tks for any help...
Sep 7th, 2005, 02:53 AM

Fil,

There is a Holday Inn Exprees hotel at Canal Walk. It is a very limited hotel in that the visitors to the establishment spend most of their time in the Canal Walk complex or in other places in and around Cape Town.

Personally I dont think that the location of Canal Walk, or for that matter the hotel itself, is a good base from which to explore Cape Town from.

Canal Walk is about two years old and it is slowly but surely changing its face to become more office block like in that I dont think that the centre is doing too well overall. All in all Canal Walk represents nothing other than an upmarket shopping mall to me.

Canal Walk is nowhere near the Waterfront in terms of waterfront type facilities other than for the fact that both are shopping malls. Furthermore Canal Walk does not touch sides with the Waterfront relative to location if one wants to explore our city.

My overall opinion is that unless you have an important reason to want to be in Canal Walk you should stay somewhere else when you visit Cape Town.

Enjoy your stay when you visit our city.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:48 AM

Canal Walk is "just another shopping complex". It has very little of interest to a foreign visitor.
Sep 7th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Fil
Original Poster

Tks.

Search this Thread