Cape Town

Sep 9th, 2000, 06:03 AM
mary

Cape Town

Plannng a visit in Dec. Anyone have info on budget type accommmodation, maybe an apartment (for 4). Any info on car rental and general sightseeing things to do and see and places to eat. Would prefer to stay in the Atlantic seaboard vicinity. Thanks

Sep 10th, 2000, 06:47 AM
Tracy

I have only one suggestion - Dec (especially after th 16th) is VERY high season in Cape Town, and most accommodations, especially on the Atlantic seaboard areas of the Waterfront, Greenpoint, Sea Point, Bantry Bay, Camps Bay etc, right down to the point are probably already booked - so hurry or you may not be able to find something suitable!

Sep 10th, 2000, 06:57 AM
mary

I know that but any suggestions as where to try?

Sep 11th, 2000, 04:57 AM
Carla

Hi Mary.
I'm a born and bred Capetonian, but live on the False Bay side of the Mother City i.e. the Indian ocean-side. I think your best bet would be to stay in a B&B or guesthouse in either Somerset West (where I live), Stellenbosch (centre of the wine country) or even Strand (a small beach town). Cape Town is only 40 minutes' drive from these picturesque destinations. Would you be interested? If so, post a message and I'll try and help you out if possible. Otherwise just e-mail the CT Tourist Office.

Search this Thread