Cape Town

Feb 3rd, 2004, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Cape Town

I am thinking of going to Cape Town for 1 week at the end of this month ( Feb)What will the weather be like then, i am planning on staying at Cape Town Lodge Hotel, has anybody stayed there, any feedback on the hotel,area etc would be gratefully recieved
Feb 3rd, 2004, 09:37 AM

Weather should be great. Mostly dry and warm to hot (70s and into the 80s F).

As with any coastal place, it sometimes can be breezy at the ocean.

Once we went on a boat ride, which turned out to be drizzly, although it was in January, which is supposed to be hot and dry.

So, as with any place in the world, be prepared for some variation in weather. Take a lightweight, water-resistant, windproof jacket.

But chances are the weather will be lovely.

Sorry, I don't know about your hotel. I hope another Fodorite will be able to give you information on it.

There have been recent threads on things to do in and around Cape Town, if you'd like some details on that. A search for Cape Town will bring up some discussion threads, I'm sure.

Enjoy!
Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:43 PM

I spent a week in Cape Town in December... stayed at the Table Bay Hotel ... it was great. wonderful accommodations, great location, etc. One thing I would suggest you beware of ... do not make reservations through the concierge desk with the Waterfront Boat Company ... they don't tell you that if you have to cancel your deposit is 100% non refundable ... even if you give them notice in advance. Our group gave a credit card deposit for a party of 10. When our tour company notified us of a surprise additional event that would conflict with the time of our Waterfront boat cruise, we cancelled the Waterfront cruise through our concierge desk .. we were not advised either at the time we made the reservation or when we cancelled it that our money would not be credited back ... came back to the states and found out that the charge of over $200 US had gone through on my credit card ... we disputed but because we didn't have a cancellation confirmation number (the concierge desk did not give us one) the bank refused to intervene ... we appealed directly to Waterfront, they refused to do anything about it .. so we were stuck paying for a trip we didn't receive. I think the boat company defrauds a lot of people this way. If you look on their web site, they don't advise you of their no cancellation policy ... if you write and ask for information on charges, deposits, etc. and their cancellation policy they respond to all questions EXCEPT the cancellation policy ... don't get suckered in by them. Otherwise, Cape Town is a great place.
Feb 4th, 2004, 12:04 AM

Hi there!
Well Cape Town is actually known to have all 4 seasons in one day. So you should always be prepared. It could be hot, rainy or cold.
For information, I found a great webpage, that gives you some information about Cape Town: www.aboutcapetown.com

Enjoy your trip to the Cape!
Regards Diana

Search this Thread