cape town

Jul 30th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

cape town

hello there, i have some friends who will be going to cape town for 3 weeks and are interested in a great white shark tour??!! does anyone have any knowledge or know of any companies that do this? as well, any tips on safari's??? thanks...
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:18 PM

Hello Stew,

My experience with shark cage diving operations are minimal however one of my visitors who is travelling with me in the future has referred me to African Shark Eco-Charters. I have only hear good reports about this very professional unit of Chris Fallows and Rob Lawrence and judging by their website http://www.ultimate-animals.com/ they certainly seem to know what they are doing.

Chris Fallows is also well known in Cape Town for his pictures of sharks breaching oiut of the water.

There are no Big 5 type safaris available in Cape Town however you could go on a mini safari at Clara Anna Fontein just outside Cape Town http://home.intekom.com/capelodges/venues/claranna1.htm

Hope this helps.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]
Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Jul 30th, 2003, 04:43 PM
sandi

We used the following company for Shark Cage Diving:

White Shark Eco-ventures
email: [email protected]
Ask for Cindy or Mariette

Cost is about $100-$150 for the day including pick-up/return to CPT and breakfast or lunch.

A remarkable day, great underwater pictures, very cold water - I didn't go in (my mother didn't raise any fools) but my partner did and he hasn't stopped talking about it since.

Go for it!

Jul 30th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the info!! i appreciate it and will pass it along. as for safari's, i take it one must leave cape town to particpate in a "big five" type? stew

Search this Thread