Cape Town?

Jun 4th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Cape Town?

For anyone who has been to Cape Town, do you think this would be a good place to study abroad during college for a semester? Any suggestions would be great.
Jun 4th, 2003, 04:11 PM

It would be a great place to study for a semester, especially a semester that went from about January to June if you live in North America or Europe where the weather may not be that great at home but great in Cape Town until you reach May.

The cost of living, for an American or European, is very low in Cape Town. When I was there last year, I saw a lot of foreign college students from Europe and I wished that I had discovered Cape Town earlier and had been bold enough to visit for a semester or two. Of course, the early 90's may not have been the best time to appreciate the beauty of South Africa with the struggles it was going through but I would say that if any student has an opportunity to study there now that they definitely should take advantage of the opportunity.

Good luck!
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:54 AM

My neighbor's son just did a semester at UCT (University of Cape Town). Has to be one of the most beatuiful settings in the world. Every time his parents spoke to him and asked him how he was, his answer was "Ecstatic!" He loved it. Have not heard the latest details but the first month was great.

I will try to get more details.

Search this Thread